The service experience, whether for AmeriCorps members or volunteers, can be an opportunity for development. This page includes resources for both Member Development and Volunteer Development.
Member Development and Ongoing Training
AmeriCorps programs are encouraged to have their members spend a percentage of service hours on member development. Member development can be professional, personal, or service related and can take place within group training or with individual activities. Common topics include diversity, conflict management, facilitation, time management, leadership, citizenship, and career development.
- EnCorps: Member Training and Development Resources
- EnCorps: Beyond the Service Term – Tools to help members transition to life after service
- What's Next: Life After Your Service Year Tutorial for Members
- Ed Award (Segal AmeriCorps Education Award) Tutorial for Members
- Citizenship Toolkit Section Two: Member Development Strategies
Practices and Program Examples