The Corporation for National and Community Service's 2011-2015 Strategic Plan includes a focus on programs that help communities and special populations with unmet needs related to health and well-being. These programs address important issues like improving access to health care, increasing physical activity and improving nutrition in youth, and increasing seniors' ability to remain in their own homes.
This network provides a place to share what works at the intersection of national service and healthy futures.
- Mobility Management for Seniors – Implementation and Community Service
- Let's Read. Let's Move.
- Healthy Eating in Out-of-School Time: The Promise and the Challenge
- Helping Older Adults Search for Health Information Online: A Toolkit for Trainers
- National Service Blog: Health
- The Health Benefits of Volunteering report (PDF)
- The Health Benefits of Volunteering for Older Americans: Fact Sheet