Organizations need to handle funds wisely. This may include developing written policies and procedures, internal controls, and budget controls. Corporation grantees will also need to be familiar with documenting in-kind donations, time and activity reporting, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), Corporation regulations, and OMB regulations such as 2 CFR 200. Following are some of our most relevant resources related to this topic.
*Required Online Courses
* Key Concepts of Financial and Grants Management eCourse - (Recommended Annual)
* The person or persons who will have primary responsibility for program management and those who will have primary responsibility for financial management must all take the course.
* National Service Criminal History Check (NSCHC) eCourse - (Required Annual)
Financial and Grants Management Resource Index
This page provides an index to all Corporation for National and Community Services (CNCS) financial and grants management related resources found on, or referenced by, the National Service Knowledge Network.
- Recipient Contact Form (PDF)
- Online Federal Financial Management Course Certification (PDF)
- Financial Management Survey (PDF) (DOC)
- Online National Service Criminal History Check (NSCHC) Course Certification (PDF)
- Checklists for new AmeriCorps grantees; new staff of AmeriCorps programs; or new AmeriCorps subgrantees. Get up to speed quickly on what you need to do first and who you need to meet to start your new job or new AmeriCorps program.
- Federal Financial Report (FFR) - This new report replaces the FSR
- Frequently Asked Questions: Fixed-amount Grants (FAQs from CNCS)
- Closing Out Your CNCS Grant Course Description
- Federal Financial Reports and Program Income Course Description
- Financial Management Overview Course Description
- Financial Monitoring for Grantees Course Description
- Key Concepts of Cash and In-Kind Match Course Description
- Key Concepts of Financial and Grants Management Course Description
- Key Elements of Grant Compliance Course Description
- Match Requirements and Documentation Course Description
- Managing Your Budget Course Description
- Member Activity Reporting Course Description
- Preparing the Grant Budget for AmeriCorps Programs Course Description
- Preparing the Grant Budget for Senior Corps Programs Course Description
- Prohibited Activities Course Description
- Staff Activity Reporting Course Description
Additional Financial and Grants Management Resources