Evaluation allows CNCS programs to build their evidence base and demonstrate what works. Increasing the evidence base of all CNCS funded programs will expand the impact of CNCS resources at the local, state, and national levels.
AmeriCorps State & National
- Evaluation requirements for AmeriCorps State & National grantees are outlined in the Code of Federal Regulations here: [45 C.F.R. §§2522.500 -.540 and .700-.740]. View a tutorial on the requirements here: AmeriCorps Evaluation Requirements (April 2014); slides available here (PDF).
- Alternative Evaluation Approach guidance: read guidance about applying for an alternative evaluation approach here: (PDF).
- Evaluation FAQs: read more about evaluation requirements and get clarification on frequently asked questions for AmeriCorps State & National grantees (PDF).
Social Innovation Fund (SIF)
- SIF grantees are required to evaluate their programs according to regulations. Learn more about SIF evaluation requirements here: (PDF).
- Evaluation FAQs: read more about evaluation requirements and get clarification on frequently asked questions for SIF grantees (PDF).
There are important differences between evaluation and performance measurement (for more detailed information, see the GAO’s Definitions and Relationships guide). You can learn more about performance measurement on the AmeriCorps performance measurement page.