What you'll find here
The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is a benefit VISTA, AmeriCorps, and NCCC members receive upon successful completion of their term of service. The award can be used to go to specific schools or repay qualifying student loans. There are general terms that guide the use of the award and a process to follow to access your funds. The award is subject to taxes.
Use this site to learn more about the award, form a strategy on how to use it, and discover other post-service opportunities related to school and student loans.
For security reasons, the interactive tutorial is no longer available. Please review the transcript for each story.
Stories to Learn By:
- Trent has always wanted to be a public school teacher, but he's not sure he can afford to make student loan payments on a teacher's salary. Or can he?
- Ayesha wants to know if she can use her award to buy a laptop for college.
- Lee wants to go to law school. How can he use the award to pay for his education?
- Dolores wants to use her award to help pay for her granddaughter’s education.
- Jade wants to find out how to pay off her loans as soon as possible.
- Marc isn’t ready to go to college. He wants to find out what other options he has.
- Marvin wants to make the best use of his award for school.
If you use assistive technology and need assistance accessing the My AmeriCorps Portal please contact the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677.