A number of schools overseas and in Mexico and Canada are listed as Title IV and accept the award.

You can look up specific schools and regions through the Department of Education's Title IV resource. (On the second screen, when it asks you to choose a state in a drop down box, select "Foreign Country.")

You can also browse all Title IV schools from the 2018-19 academic year. It's helpful for finding schools in specific countries.

If your My AmeriCorps account won't allow you to send funds to the overseas school, you might consider taking out a Stafford or other federal student loan and then repaying the loan with your award or contact the National Service Trust at 1-800-942-2677.

If an overseas school is NOT listed as Title IV but you would still like to attend using your education award, you might be able to enroll in a school stateside and participate in an exchange program. That way, you are paying your tuition to a school inside the U.S. while attending a school overseas. To make this option work, it will take a bit of research on your part.

Global Service Corps offers an overseas service experience with optional college credit and the chance to use your Segal award for program fees, airfare, and related expenses. You can learn more here.

Learn more about the types of schools where you can use your award.


Enter Keywords to Find Resources:



Find us on Facebook


Have Feedback or Questions?

Email Us

Back to Top