Welcome to the MyAmeriCorps training and technical assistance page for AmeriCorps State Commissions and Sub-grantees!
On this page, you will find tutorials and other resources that will guide you through using the functions of MyAmeriCorps. Tutorials offer flexibility and quick references: users can access them at their convenience and "jump" to specific agenda items.
You can also download the PowerPoint presentations that are used in the tutorials. State commission staff and sub-grantees may use these resources to develop their own training.
Frequently Asked Questions (PDF): Please click on the link to get a list of the FAQs. This list will be updated periodically.
To play a tutorial, you must have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. If you do not, you can download Adobe Flash Player, which is free software. Please note that you may need assistance from your IT administrator to download this file. To download, click here.
List of tutorials:
Please note that eGrants and My AmeriCorps technical assistance and the eGrants Coaching Unit have been consolidated. For assistance please contact the CNCS Help Desk: 1.800.942.2677
Tutorials are available online at your convenience. Tutorials are flexible and allow users to "jump" to any subject heading or to an exact agenda item. Open the tutorial and click on the specific item on the Agenda slide or use the Agenda button.
- MyAmeriCorps Overview (Flash Tutorial): This is all about what you need to know before accessing the system. A must watch for those either new to the system or transitioning from a previous system.
- Create and Manage an eGrants Account (Flash Tutorial): You must have an eGrants account in order to access MyAmeriCorps. View this session if you don’t have an eGrants account.
- User Roles and Management – Understanding and Planning (Part I) (Flash Tutorial): Join this session or watch the tutorial to understand the user roles and access levels – what you can and cannot do. It will also provide some important considerations for system usage.
- User Roles and Management – Implementing (Part II) (Flash Tutorial): Once you have joined or viewed Part I: Understanding and Planning, you can watch this tutorial to learn how to assign access. This tutorial will provide step-by-step instructions on how to assign a user role and access level. Please be sure to first view or join Part I: Understanding and Planning.
- Program Management (Wep page): If you are responsible for managing your program, operating site or service location, this is a must watch for you. This topic also includes slot management.
- Member Management (Flash Tutorial): This is a must watch for those responsible for managing member records in the system.
- Member Recruitment (Flash Tutorial): If you are responsible for recruitment, this session is for you.
-Member Assignment Listings (PDF)
- Member Enrollment (Flash Tutorial): If you are responsible for enrolling members, please view this tutorial.
- Reporting as an Information Tool (Flash Tutorial): How do I turn MyAmeriCorps data into information? This covers the reporting options available in the system.
To download resources, click on the subject heading link. A pop-up dialogue will open to ask you if you would like to save the document. Select the folder to which to you would like to save the presentation and click save.
- User Roles Map (XLS): This Excel spreadsheet lists the user roles and access levels as well as the actions that each role can perform. Use the top row to look up your role/access level and the left column to see the actions that you can perform. A plus sign (+) denotes possible action, while a minus sign denotes no action.
- MyAmeriCorps Overview for State Commissions: Preparation for the Launch (Flash Tutorial)
- MyAmeriCorps Overview (Flash Tutorial)
- Create and Manage an eGrants Account Presentation (PDF)
- User Roles and Management – Understanding and Planning Presentation (PDF)
- Program Management Presentation (PDF)
- Reporting as an Information Tool Presentation (Flash Tutorial)
- Member Management Presentation (PDF)
- Member Recruitment Presentation (PDF)
- Member Enrollment Presentation (PDF)