Through the SIF Classic Program , the SIF makes grants to experienced grantmaking institutions that are well-positioned within communities to identify the most promising programs. They guide them towards greater impact and stronger evidence of success.
- Grants range from $1-$10 million annually for up to five years.
- Grantees match the federal funds dollar-for-dollar and hold open competitions to identify community-based organizations working in low-income communities that have innovative solutions with evidence of compelling results:
- At least 80 percent of awarded federal funds must be invested in subgrantee programs.
- Organizations must also match the funds they receive, and participate in rigorous evaluations of the impact of their programs.
- The SIF and its grantees share data, lessons learned and results – helping to build the capacity of the social sector and lift-up solutions that can transform lives and communities.
SIF's Classic grantees are actively investing in high-impact solutions across the country. Grants are awarded to intermediary grantmaking organizations implementing programs in three focus areas: economic opportunity, youth development, and healthy futures. Intermediaries are selected to receive funding through a competitive process conducted with openness and transparency.
To view a complete list of past and current SIF grantees, visit the Funded Organizations page.