Senior Corps Video Contest: I Am Senior Corps
What does "I Am Senior Corps" mean to you?
Calling all Senior Corps grantees! With the release of our new #IamSeniorCorps video during Senior Corps week, we're demonstrating the many ways our programs and volunteers identify themselves as part of the Senior Corps family. We know that the best way to do this is to hear it straight from our grantees and volunteers: what does #IamSeniorCorps mean to you? Create and post a short video telling us your story.
Senior Corps volunteers work in countless ways to make communities stronger. Throughout the country, Foster Grandparents are mentoring and tutoring students, Senior Companions are helping frail elderly remain in their own homes, and RSVP programs are mobilizing volunteers to make an impact on issues such as disaster relief, the opioid crisis, independent living, and supporting veterans and military families. Our new tagline captures the many things our grantees and volunteers do under the Senior Corps banner and the vital role they play in communities.
Watch our "#IamSeniorCorps" Video:
How do I participate?
- Create a video no longer than one minute – in your own words and your own style -- capturing the personal story of what it means for you and your volunteers to be a part of Senior Corps. #IamSeniorCorps can mean so many things from program to program, and we'd love to hear what it means to you.
- Upload your video to your YouTube account (make sure it can be viewed by the public and is not unlisted), and send an email with a link to your video at: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send any questions you may have here.
- Make sure you use the hashtag #IamSeniorCorps and #SeniorCorpsWorks.
If you've never made a video before, we're here to help. Did you know that the only thing you need to make a great video is the phone in your hand? Watch the video below for some great tips from the CNCS Office of External Affairs on how to take a great video even if you have limited equipment.
- Videos should be no longer than 1 minute.
- Videos must include Senior Corps branding (polo, poster, etc.)
- Videos should be creative and engaging and include no offensive language or symbols.
- Videos that use copyrighted multimedia such as: music, scoring, and images, will not be considered.
- You have until 11:59pm, ET on Thursday, May 31st, 2018 to submit your video.
- Videos will be judged by a panel of Senior Corps staff, based on the following categories: technical merit, creativity, connection to community, and relevance to theme.
- The winning video will be featured on Senior Corps' social media channels (Facebook and Twitter).
Terms and Conditions
By entering the "I Am Senior Corps" video contest, you are agreeing to the following terms:
I irrevocably authorize CNCS and Senior Corps to use, alter, reproduce, display, and/or publish photographs and/or video that I submit—including my image, likeness and/or voice without compensation. I represent and warrant that my submission is accurate, not confidential, not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights, and is my original work. I also represent and warrant that I have not granted anyone else any rights to copy, alter, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, or publish my submission. I understand that this material may be used in various publications, public affairs releases, promotional or recruitment materials, broadcast public service advertising or for other related endeavors. This material may also appear on a CNCS Internet Web Page. Consequently, CNCS may publish materials, use my name, photograph, and/or make reference to me in any manner that CNCS deems appropriate. I agree that CNCS may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, promotion, and Web content. Should any photograph or video include images or a likeness of other individuals, I represent and warrant that I obtained their unrestricted permission or their parent/guardian’s permission, if they are under 18 years of age, to submit such photograph or video to CNCS. Further, I release and waive any rights I may have, and agree to hold harmless CNCS and its agents from any claims, damages, or liabilities arising from the use of my submission. I also agree not to bring any claims against the parties accepting my release or providing their release to me to participate in the video or in any photograph at any time in the future. Finally, I agree to waive any right to royalties or other payment for the use of my submission and I waive the right to inspect or approve the use of my submission by those accepting my release or their agents.
Create your video and upload to YouTube today!