Senior Corps Week Resources
Mark your calendar and help us honor the efforts of Senior Corps volunteers and programs across the country - Senior Corps Week: April 29- May 5, 2018.
Senior Corps Week is a time to highlight the impact of the Foster Grandparent Program, RSVP, and Senior Companion Programs, and the volunteers, community sponsors and partners they serve with.
The theme for Senior Corps Week 2018 is #IamSeniorCorps. Senior Corps works in countless ways to make communities stronger. Throughout the country, Foster Grandparents are mentoring and tutoring students, Senior Companions are helping frail elderly remain in their own homes, and RSVP programs are providing services such as disaster relief, caring for the environment, supporting veterans and military families, and providing tax preparation services to low-income and elderly individuals.
Senior Corps Grantee Resources
- Administer the Senior Corps Pledge
- Invite partners (or potential new partners) to serve with you for a day
- Brand your Senior Corps program. Check out our free resources including brochures, video, photos, PSAs, and logos.
- Have an elected official issue a proclamation honoring the impact of Senior Corps volunteers
- Send a press release to reporters sharing celebration activities and the local impact of Senior Coprs volunteers
- Get thank you letters for Senior Corps volunteers from leaders in your community who recognize the positive impact of Senior Corps.
- Be a champion for Senior Corps programs and help raise awareness with the Senior Corps fact sheet.
Social Media Guidance
- How has SeniorCorps changed your community? Share your story! #IamSeniorCorps
- What are you accomplishing through Senior Corps? Share your story! #IamSeniorCorps
- I serve in Senior Corps as a [FGP, SCP, RSVP] volunteer with [PROGRAM NAME] and I am helping to [ENTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION] #IamSeniorCorps
- Thank you [Funder/Partner] for supporting [Program name] #IamSeniorCorps
Senior Corps Impact Videos show how RSVP, Senior Companion, and Foster Grandparent volunteers make a big difference in their communities.
Senior Corps volunteers make a lasting impact on communities across the nation