Senior Corps Week Resources
Each year during Senior Corps Week, we recognize the extraordinary impact Senior Corps volunteers make across our nation every day. This year, Senior Corps Week takes place May 15-19, 2017.
Check out our stories, the impact of Senior Corps, fast facts and much more on our brand new splash page.
Senior Corps Week is a time to highlight the impact of the Foster Grandparent Program, RSVP, and Senior Companion Programand and recognize volunteers, community sponsors and partners.
The theme for Senior Corps Week is #SeniorCorpsWorks. Senior Corps works in countless ways to make communities stronger. Throughout the country, Foster Grandparents are mentoring and tutoring students, Senior Companions are helping frail elderly remain in their own homes, and RSVP programs are providing services such as disaster relief, caring for the environment, supporting veterans and military families, and providing tax preparation services to low-income and elderly individuals.
Outreach Resources for Senior Corps Grantees
We encourage you to promote Senior Corps by:
- Administering the Senior Corps Pledge
- Inviting partners (or those you’d like to be your partners) to serve with you for a day
- Branding your Senior Corps program. Check out our free resources including logos, brochures, name tags, site signs.
- Have an elected official issue a proclamation honoring the impact of Senior Corps volunteers
- Send a press release to reporters sharing celebration activities and the local impact of Senior Coprs volunteers
- Amplify your accomplishments and promote your blog posts on the Senior Corps Facebook page and social media using #SeniorCorpsWorks and #IamSeniorCorps as your hashtags. Please use photos when sharing these sample tweets:
- How has SeniorCorps changed your community? Share your story! #IamSeniorCorps
- What are you accomplishing through Senior Corps? Share your story! #SeniorCorpsWorks
- I serve in Senior Corps as a [FGP, SCP, RSVP] volunteer with [PROGRAM NAME] and I am helping to [ENTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION] #SeniorCorpsWorks
- Thank the partners and funders that make your service possible.
- Thank you [Funder/Partner] for supporting [Program name] #SeniorCorpsWorks
Our Senior Corps Impact videos show how RSVP, Senior Companion, and Foster Grandparent volunteers step up to help make a difference in their communities.
View our Impact page for more Senior Corps videos and graphics here.