How do you "Go Where You're Needed?"
Calling all AmeriCorps VISTA members and alumni! We need your help to promote our new tagline: "Go Where You're Needed", by creating and posting a short video showing us how you "went where you were needed".
Whether they go across the country or across town, in cities or in rural communities, our AmeriCorps VISTA Members go where their skills, talents, and passion are needed: to help organizations and communities overcome poverty. Our new tagline captures the personal and professional journeys our VISTA members take during the course of their service year, and the transformative power of community development in action.
Watch our "Go Where You're Needed" Video:
How Do I Participate in the Contest?
- Create video of up to approximately 1 minute – in your own words and your own style-- capturing your personal and professional journey as an AmeriCorps VISTA member. How did you answer the call to "Go Where You're Needed?"
- Upload your video to your YouTube account (make sure it can be viewed by the public and is not unlisted), and send an email with a link to your video at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Make sure you use the hashtag #IamVISTA and #GetThingsDone.
- Videos should be approximately 1 minute in length.
- Videos must include AmeriCorps VISTA branding.
- Videos should be creative and engaging and include no offensive language or symbols.
- Videos that use copyrighted multimedia such as: music, scoring, and images, will not be considered.
- You have until midnight, ET on Sunday, April 29, 2018 to submit your video.
- Videos will be judged by a panel of AmeriCorps VISTA staff and alumni, based on the following categories: technical merit, creativity, connection to community, and relevance to theme.
- The winning video will be featured on AmeriCorps VISTA's social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and the homepage of our website.
Terms and Conditions
By entering the "Go Where You're Needed" video, challenge, you are agreeing to the following terms:
I irrevocably authorize CNCS and AmeriCorps VISTA to use, alter, reproduce, display, and/or publish photographs and/or video that I submit—including my image, likeness and/or voice without compensation. I represent and warrant that my submission is accurate, not confidential, not in violation of any contractual restrictions or other third party rights, and is my original work. I also represent and warrant that I have not granted anyone else any rights to copy, alter, prepare derivative works of, distribute, display, or publish my submission. I understand that this material may be used in various publications, public affairs releases, promotional or recruitment materials, broadcast public service advertising or for other related endeavors. This material may also appear on a CNCS Internet Web Page. Consequently, CNCS may publish materials, use my name, photograph, and/or make reference to me in any manner that CNCS deems appropriate. I agree that CNCS may use such photographs of me with or without my name and for any lawful purpose, including for example such purposes as publicity, illustration, advertising, promotion, and Web content. Should any photograph or video include images or a likeness of other individuals, I represent and warrant that I obtained their unrestricted permission or their parent/guardian’s permission, if they are under 18 years of age, to submit such photograph or video to CNCS. Further, I release and waive any rights I may have, and agree to hold harmless CNCS and its agents from any claims, damages, or liabilities arising from the use of my submission. I also agree not to bring any claims against the parties accepting my release or providing their release to me to participate in the video or in any photograph at any time in the future. Finally, I agree to waive any right to royalties or other payment for the use of my submission and I waive the right to inspect or approve the use of my submission by those accepting my release or their agents.
Create your video and upload to YouTube today!