AmeriCorps Network Grants
AmeriCorps grants provide financial assistance to programs to recruit, train, and supervise AmeriCorps members meeting critical community needs in the areas of education, disaster services, health, environmental stewardship, economic opportunity, and service to veterans and military families. Grant applicants design service activities for a team of members serving full- or part-time for one year or during the summer.
See how to Apply for AmeriCorps State and National Grants
FY 2018 AmeriCorps Grants
Past Grant Competitions
Organizations interested in applying for funding can find current opportunities here.
Once funding is made available, pending approval by Congress, organizations should apply directly to the Corporation for National and Community Service if they are:
- A national nonprofit organization that operates in two or more states
- An Indian tribe
- A consortia formed across two or more states, consisting of institutions of higher education or other nonprofits, including labor, faith-based, and other community organizations
- A state or territory without a State Service Commission
- Single-state applicants from South Dakota should apply directly to CNCS. If you are a potential applicant from South Dakota, please contact AmeriCorpsGrants@cns.gov for additional guidance.
Organizations should apply for a grant through a State Service Commission if program activities take place in a single state and you are a:
- State and local nonprofit organization
- Community and faith-based organization
- State, local, and higher education institution
- State and local government
- U.S. territory
Contact your State Service Commission for more information on the grant application or deadlines.
- If you are a current grantee or project sponsor, contact your Program Officer.
- If your organization is a single-state entity that wants to work with AmeriCorps, contact your State Service Commission
- If your organization operates in multiple states or is a Tribal organization, call 202-606-7508 or email AmeriCorpsGrants@cns.gov.
- For information on joining AmeriCorps, call 1-800-942-2677 or visit the National Service Hotline page.
- For information on your Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, contact the National Service Trust at 1-800-942-2677.
Other Grant Opportunities
The Corporation for National and Community Service offers a diverse range of grants throughout the year to support organizations committed to strengthening their communities through volunteering. Check out current funding opportunities to find the right grant for your organization or check out our AmeriCorps Tribal Grants.