AmeriCorps Network Grants
AmeriCorps grants provide financial assistance to programs to recruit, train, and supervise AmeriCorps members meeting critical community needs in the areas of education, disaster services, health, environmental stewardship, economic opportunity, and service to veterans and military families. Grant applicants design service activities for a team of members serving full- or part-time for one year or during the summer.
See how to Apply for AmeriCorps State and National Grants
FY 2017 AmeriCorps Grants
This year the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) awarded 375 competitive grants to national and local nonprofits across the country, engaging 44,700 new AmeriCorps members working in communities to strengthen education, provide disaster services, assist veterans and military families, preserve public lands, and more.
The Corporation for National and Community Service has not opened its FY 2018 AmeriCorps State and National grants competition. Organizations interested in applying for FY 2018, should continue to check the CNCS Funding Opportunities page.
Once funding is made available, pending approval by Congress, organizations should apply directly to the Corporation for National and Community Service if they are:
- A national nonprofit organization that operates in two or more states
- An Indian tribe
- A consortia formed across two or more states, consisting of institutions of higher education or other nonprofits, including labor, faith-based, and other community organizations
- A state or territory without a State Service Commission
- Single-state applicants from South Dakota should apply directly to CNCS. If you are a potential applicant from South Dakota, please contact AmeriCorpsGrants@cns.gov for additional guidance.
Organizations should apply for a grant through a State Service Commission if program activities take place in a single state and you are a:
- State and local nonprofit organization
- Community and faith-based organization
- State, local, and higher education institution
- State and local government
- U.S. territory
Contact your State Service Commission for more information on the grant application or deadlines.
- If you are a current grantee or project sponsor, contact your Program Officer.
- If your organization is a single-state entity that wants to work with AmeriCorps, contact your State Service Commission
- If your organization operates in multiple states or is a Tribal organization, call 202-606-7508 or email AmeriCorpsGrants@cns.gov.
- For information on joining AmeriCorps, call 1-800-942-2677 or visit the National Service Hotline page.
- For information on your Segal AmeriCorps Education Award, contact the National Service Trust at 1-800-942-2677.
Other Grant Opportunities
The Corporation for National and Community Service offers a diverse range of grants throughout the year to support organizations committed to strengthening their communities through volunteering. Check out current funding opportunities to find the right grant for your organization or check out our AmeriCorps Tribal Grants.