AmeriCorps is dedicated to providing resources to all alumni, including individuals with physical, intellectual and psychiatric disabilities, who may have unique needs when searching for post-service employment.
Disabilities and the Workplace
- Your Employment Rights as an Individual with a Disability – Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- Employment Rights Under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA): A Guide for Veterans
- Disclosure in the Workplace – Why, When, What and How – Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP)
- Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- Interviewing Techniques for Persons with Disabilities
- Getting Hired – Bridging the gap between job seekers with disabilities and employers looking to hire
- Ability Jobs – Providing a dedicated system for finding employment to enable a person with a disability to enhance their professional lives
- Workforce Recruitment Program – A recruitment and referral program that connects federal and private sector employers nationwide with highly motivated college students and recent graduates with disabilities who are eager to prove their abilities in the workplace through summer or permanent jobs
- Understanding Schedule A Hiring Authority for Federal Employment
Visit here for more information.