Guidelines For Using the Corporation Logo and Other National Service Insignia
Please Review and Scroll Down to Browse Logos
The Corporation for National and Community Service logo and other national service insignia (AmeriCorps, Senior Corps, Social Innovation Fund, and the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service) are the property of CNCS and may be used only in accordance with authorization provided by CNCS.
Appropriate Use of the Corporation Logo (and Other National Service Insignia)
The CNCS logo (and other national service insignia) may be used on informational materials describing CNCS and other CNCS-supported programs and in connection with approved programmatic activities.
Inappropriate Use of the Corporation Logo (and other National Service Insignia)
The CNCS logo (and other national service insignia) may not be used in any of the following ways:
- Attempting to influence legislation;
- Organizing or engaging in protest, petitions, boycotts or strikes;
- Assisting, promoting, or deterring union organizing;
- Impairing existing contracts for services or collective bargaining agreements;
- Engaging in partisan political activities, or other activities designed to influence the outcome of an election to any public office;
- Participating in, or endorsing, events or activities that are likely to include advocacy for or against political parties, political platforms, political candidates, proposed legislation or elected officials;
- Engaging in religious instruction, conducting worship services, engaging in religious proselytization; or
- Supporting for-profit, commercial activities.
Below are links to some of the logos most commonly used by CNCS programs and grantees. Each logo is available in six different file formats - GIF, JPG, EPS, Photoshop PSD, and TIF. The EPS, and high resolution (300 dots per inch) JPEG and TIFF files are for printed materials, and the GIF file is for web use and should be 72 DPI.
Choosing a File Format
- The EPS version is appropriate for commercial printing and can be used with vector/illustration programs.
- The JPEG and PNG versions are appropriate for printing and for photo usage on the web.
- The PSD and TIFF versions are appropriate for both commercial and laser printing.
- Please note that the file sizes are large. Set aside some time for download, particularly with TIFF files.
- The logos are also available in Pantone Spot Color, grayscale, and reverse versions. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for these versions.
- JPEG and GIF web images need to be saved at 72 DPI.
- Most commonly used programs, such as Microsoft Word and PowerPoint, require that you simply "place" or "insert" a graphic into a document.
- Unless you have image-editing software (e.g., Illustrator, Freehand, Photoshop) on your computer, you won't be able to edit the file dimensions.
- CNCS logos and photos that appear on this and other CNCS websites are low resolution GIF or JPEG files and should not be used for printing purposes. Do not cut and paste to a document that will be commercially printed.
- If you are scaling an image from a TIFF file, you'll get best results by doing it in factors of two (half, quarter, etc.).