Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)


CNCS administers AmeriCorps and Senior Corps programs. These are frequently asked questions (FAQs) related to the programs: 



General CNCS

What process do I follow if I need to make a payment to CNCS?

There are several reasons you might need to make a payment to CNCS. See Payment Options and Instructions for information about the different types of payments.

How do I verify myself or someone else as a former member?

If you are a current or former national service member and need a service verification letter, log in to the My AmeriCorps Portal: You’ll see a link for Service Letters.

If you are a third party (prospective employer, rental agency, bank, verification firm, etc.) and need to confirm that someone is or was a national service member, please contact the National Service Hotline to receive your request. We can release information only if you include a signed release from the current/former member.

For additional assistance, contact the National Service Hotline at 1-800-942-2677, or via Webform or Live Text Chat

How do I verify myself or someone else as a CNCS employee?

Grants & Funding

Where do I find out about CNCS funding opportunities?

Opportunities vary by program. Learn more about what’s available, eligibility, responsibilities, and new grant opportunities.

How do I submit a grant application?

eGrants is an online system designed to automate the entire grants and project management process from application to closeout.  It allows applicants to find funding opportunities, apply for grants or projects, and manage grant reporting online. Visit eGrants.

I'm having trouble using eGrants.  Who can I contact for help?

Listed below are points of contact available to you for answering your questions, obtaining information or technical assistance involving eGrants.

For technical issues related to eGrants, please visit the National Service Hotline or call 1-800-942-2677. 

Inquiries concerning NOFAs, application content or general program questions should be directed to the specific program officer or program staff.

Where can I find training and technical assistance information?

The National Service Knowledge Network, CNCS’s online hub for training and technical assistance. Through the Resource Center, you can access training publications, sample forms, funding notices, effective practices, and much more.

How do I find national and community service programs in my state?

Visit our State Profiles section and click on your state. There is a listing of grantees under each program. They are listed by city and organization name. To find the appropriate CNCS contact for your state, download the PDF labeled “National Service Contacts in My State.”

I'm a faith-based organization.  Am I eligible to apply for a CNCS grant?

Yes, faith-based and community organizations are an integral part of our efforts to provide opportunities for Americans of all ages and backgrounds to give back to their communities. Learn more here.

I’m interested in promoting your programs to my organization’s constituents. Where can I order brochures or other promotional materials?

Visit the national service ordering system to order publications and promotional materials. 

Back to Top