CNCS Forecast of Funding Opportunities FY 2017
This webpage presents a forecast of grant competitions through which the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) expects to invite applicants to apply for new awards. CNCS publishes this page to provide potential applicants with information they could use in planning for future grant competitions.
The forecast is organized chronologically according to the Notices of Funding Opportunity (Notice) that already have been announced or that CNCS plans to announce at a later date. The competitions listed are based upon CNCS’s best estimates.
- “Funding Opportunities Announced” lists the already published grant competitions. The dates provided are actual and the Notices have been published.
- “Funding Opportunities Anticipated” lists the currently planned grant competitions for the rest of fiscal year (FY) 2017. The dates provided are estimates and the Notices have not yet been published.
Potential applicants should note, however, that the “Funding Opportunities Anticipated” could change if CNCS needs to cancel or announce a new competition.
CNCS posts all announced grant competitions on its website. The Notices contain the actual dates of the competitions, as well as its requirements and selection criteria. For information regarding current and previous grant competitions, please visit CNCS at: https://www.nationalservice.gov/build-your-capacity/grants/funding-opportunities.
The terms below describe the information found in both the “Funding Opportunities Announced” and “Funding Opportunities Anticipated” charts:
- CFDA No.: The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance (CFDA) Number.
- Notice Name: The title of the grant competition.
- Notice Publication: The actual or estimated date of publication for the grant competition’s Notice.
- Link to Notice: The electronic link to the grant competition’s published Notice.
- Application Deadline: The actual or estimated deadline for submitting applications for a grant competition.
- Announcement Date: The actual or estimated deadline for the announcement of the applications selected for funding.
- Contact Information: The email address and/or telephone numbers for obtaining further information about the programs listed. This information is also included in the actual Notice for each competition.
Funding Opportunities Announced
|Notice Name||Notice Publication||Link to Notice||Application Deadline||Announcement Date||Contact Information|
|94.006||AmeriCorps State and National Grants FY 2017||August 2016||(Notice is closed)||January 18, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||May 2017||(202) 606-7508|
|N/A||2017 AmeriCorps Affiliate**||December 2016||(Notice is closed)||February 14, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||April 2017||Affiliate@cns.gov|
|94.012, 94.014||FY 2017 Day of Service Grants||December 2016||(Notice is closed)||February 22, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||May 2017||DayofService@cns.gov|
|94.002||2017 RSVP Expansion Competition||January 2017||(Notice is closed)||April 4, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||July 2017||2017RSVP@cns.gov|
|94.006||2017 AmeriCorps State and National Grants – Targeted Priority||February 2017||(Notice is closed)||May 10, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||July 2017||(202) 606-7508|
|94.006||AmeriCorps Indian Tribes Grants FY 2017||March 2017||(Notice is closed)||May 10, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||July 2017||(202) 606-7508|
|N/A||2017 AmeriCorps Affiliate**||December 2016||(Notice is closed)||June 8, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||August 2017||Affiliate@cns.gov|
|94.021||Volunteer Generation Fund FY 2017||May 2017||(Notice is closed)||July 6, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||September 2017||VolunteerGeneration@cns.gov|
|94.026||2017 National Service and Civic Engagement Research Competition||May 2017||(Notice is closed)||July 11, 2017 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time||August 2017||NationalServiceResearch@cns.gov|
**This opportunity is for national service positions only. CNCS will not award financial resources to applicants.
Note: This webpage is for reference only and is not an official notification. CNCS is not bound by the estimated dates in this document. We advise applicants to read the published Notice for each competition. As information becomes available, all Notices are published at the following location at least five weeks prior to the Application Deadline: https://www.nationalservice.gov/build-your-capacity/grants/funding-opportunities.