Start here to see our favorite resources on member recruitment and volunteer recruitment.
Member Recruitment and Placement
Finding, recruiting, screening, and placing AmeriCorps members effectively is key to a successful program. Apply tried-and-true processes to match the most qualified applicants to your available positions, and increase the likelihood of a rewarding experience for everyone involved. Listed below are some of our most relevant resources for this topic.
- Webinar: Recruitment Strategies - What's Worked for You?
- Walk the Walk: An AmeriCorps Recruitment Video
Successful recruitment and placement helps service programs achieve their goals more effectively and is often the result of thoughtfully considered marketing and public relations efforts. A recruiter must be clear in his own mind about why the organization wants to engage volunteers; he can then design valuable and fulfilling assignments around those specific needs. Issues to consider include recruiting for diversity and appealing to special target audiences. Following are some of our most relevant resources related to this topic.
- Looking for a great volunteer, or a great place to become a volunteer? Check out the largest online network of participating nonprofits. The VolunteerMatch User’s Guide and Training Manual (PDF) provides an overview of using the VolunteerMatch system, step-by-step guidelines on how to improve volunteer recruitment, and information on research and trends related to recruiting volunteers ages 55 and over.
- Volunteering in America: Resources for Recruitment
- Characteristics of a Good Recruitment Message
Online Library Items