We're glad you found us. This site is here to assist program staff in finding and sharing proven practices for recruiting and developing successful national service participants.
This site is divided into five general topics to help you find what you need:
- Recruitment and Placement: Tips and tools for locating great candidates and interviewing, screening, and matching the right person to your position needs.
- Member Orientation/VISTA Orientation (OSOT): Not sure what to include, how to deliver the material most effectively, or how to build group cohesiveness? Find answers here.
- Member Supervision: Support members better with these resources and tips on the "nuts & bolts," creating effective relationships, monitoring and evaluating members, and working with host sites.
- Member Training and Development: Member training doesn't end with orientation. In fact, member development is a year-round effort. Look here for training resources.
- Transition: Members sometimes struggle with "what to do next." Be their guide in navigating this change.
If you are new to working with adult learners, or would like some professional advice and theory to sharpen your skills, see Designing Effective Training: Principles of Adult Learning.
If you are an AmeriCorps or VISTA member looking for tools to help you serve and transition to the next stage of life, see the What's Next online tutorial. For help with maximizing your education award, see the Education Award online tutorial.