Senior Corps Week
Each year during Senior Corps Week, we recognize the extraordinary impact Senior Corps volunteers make across our nation every day. This year, Senior Corps Week takes place May 16-20, 2016.
Senior Corps Week is a time to salute volunteers from Foster Grandparent Program, RSVP, and Senior Companion Program, recognize community sponsors and partners, and communicate the impact of and on the lives of those who serve.
The theme for Senior Corps Week is #SeniorCorpsWorks. Senior Corps works in countless ways to make communities stronger. Throughout the country, Foster Grandparents are mentoring and tutoring students, Senior Companions are helping frail elderly remain in their own homes, and RSVP programs are providing services such as disaster relief, caring for the environment, supporting veterans and military families, and providing tax preparation services to low-income and elderly individuals.
In honor of Senior Corps Week 2016 and to highlight the impact of Senior Corps volunteers, we have released a new television PSA focused on recruiting volunteers for the Foster Grandparent program. The PSA which is created in 15, 30 and 60 second lengths features interviews with Foster Grandparent volunteers and the children they serve.
Download the PSA here.
Our Senior Corps Impact videos show how RSVP, Senior Companion, and Foster Grandparent volunteers step up to help make a difference in their communities.
Senior Corps Week Press Materials
Senior Corps Makes A Difference Video
Outreach Resources for Senior Corps Grantees
We encourage you to promote Senior Corps by:
- Administering the Senior Corps Pledge
- Inviting partners (or those you’d like to be your partners) to serve with you for a day
- Branding your Senior Corps program. Check out our free resources including logos, brochures, name tags, site signs.
- Have an elected official issue a proclamation honoring the impact of Senior Corps volunteers
- Amplify your accomplishments and promote your blog posts on the Senior Corps Facebook page and social media using #SeniorCorpsWorks and #IamSeniorCorps as your hashtags. Please use photos when sharing these sample tweets:
- How has SeniorCorps changed your community? Share your story! #IamSeniorCorps
- What are you accomplishing through Senior Corps? Share your story! #SeniorCorpsWorks
- I serve in Senior Corps as a [FGP, SCP, RSVP] volunteer with [PROGRAM NAME] and I am helping to [ENTER PROGRAM DESCRIPTION] #SeniorCorpsWorks
- Thank the partners and funders that make your service possible.
- Thank you [Funder/Partner] for supporting [Program name] #SeniorCorpsWorks