Eli Segal Fellowship
The 2016-2017 Eli Segal Fellow application is now closed. Applicants will be notified of their status in June. Thank you for your interest!
About the Fellowship
The Eli Segal Fellowship is a highly competitive and prestigious fellowship for AmeriCorps alumni. This fellowship provides emerging leaders with an unparalleled opportunity to gain first-hand experience in how a federal agency works to implement policy and leverage national service in order to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing our nation.
Named in honor of the first CEO of CNCS and one of the first champions of national service, the Eli Segal Fellow will have the opportunity to work with the CEO's Office and other departments in the agency to advance national service policy, operations and strategy. Successful fellows have an entrepreneurial spirit and will have access to high level officials to craft a project and initiative that will help advance the mission of national service and the strategic goals of CNCS. Read more about past fellows.
The Fellow will become a fellow with the Eli J. Segal Citizen Leadership Program, an organization that provides emerging leaders who have great potential assistance that furthers their ability to serve in the pursuit of a more just and equitable world. Fellows have the opportunity to foster meaningful relationships with the 80 inspiring and multi-generational fellows who are already leaders in their communities as well as the network's many founders. For more information about the program, please visit segal.brandeis.edu.
Become an Eli Segal Fellow
To honor Eli Segal and continue his work of advancing national service in America, the Corporation for National and Community Service is pleased to offer the Eli Segal Fellowship program.
The Eli Segal Fellow will;
- Advance the Corporation’s strategic goals.
- Contribute to executive-level policy initiatives, including development of new programs, and strengthening high-level stakeholder partnerships.
- Support select projects across the agency based on the Corporation’s priorities and your skills and interests, including: program management, research, writing, editing, data analysis, event planning, supervising student interns, and public speaking engagements.
- Gain in-depth insight into the operations of a federal agency, including interacting with and traveling to programs in the field.
- Support national service participation on the ground during disaster response and recovery, as necessary.
- Develop management abilities through training and mentoring with Eli’s family and colleagues as well as executive leaders in federal government and the non-profit world.
- Participate in the Eli J. Segal Citizen Leadership Program, a national network which aims to inspire, support, and enable new generations of leaders. Learn more.
- The Fellowship is open to AmeriCorps alumni who have successfully completed a full-time term of service in AmeriCorps State/National, AmeriCorps NCCC (1,700 hours) or AmeriCorps VISTA (one year). The Fellowship will begin within three years of the end of the applicant’s AmeriCorps term of service. Exceptions may be made for military, Peace Corps, or other service activities.
- Be currently serving a full-time term of service in AmeriCorps State and National, AmeriCorps NCCC or AmeriCorps VISTA that will end by July 23, 2016.
We are looking for one AmeriCorps alum who demonstrates exceptional:
- Leadership abilities
- Dedication to national service and its ideals
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Communication and analytical skills
How to Apply
The application deadline is May 18, 2016. Please apply online at USAJOBS.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.