Eli Segal Fellowship
The Eli Segal Fellowship is a highly competitive and prestigious fellowship for one AmeriCorps alum. This fellowship provides emerging leaders with an unparalleled opportunity to gain first-hand experience in how a federal agency works to implement policy and leverage national service in order to tackle some of the most pressing issues facing our nation.
Named in honor of the first CEO of CNCS, Eli J. Segal and one of the first champions of national service, the Fellow will have the opportunity to work with the CEO’s Office and other departments in the agency to advance national service policy, operations and strategy. Successful fellows have an entrepreneurial spirit and will have access to high level officials to craft a project and initiative that will help advance the mission of national service and the strategic goals of CNCS. Read more about past fellows.
The Fellow will become a fellow with the Eli J. Segal Citizen Leadership Program, an organization that provides emerging leaders who have great potential assistance that furthers their ability to serve in the pursuit of a more just and equitable world. Fellows have the opportunity to foster meaningful relationships with the 60 inspiring and multi-generational fellows who are already leaders in their communities as well as the network's many founders. For more information about the program, please visit segal.brandeis.edu.
Become an Eli Segal Fellow
To honor Eli Segal and continue his work of advancing national service in America, the Corporation for National and Community Service is pleased to offer the Eli Segal Fellowship program.
- The Eli Segal Fellow will help to advance the mission of national service and the strategic goals of the Corporation.
- The Fellow will work within the Office of the CEO and on projects that benefit the national service field.
- The Fellow will serve for thirteen months and will earn $29,000 with full benefits, including health insurance, leave, and retirement benefits.
- The Fellow will carry out projects, advance their career development and gain a first-hand understanding of national service and the workings of a federal agency.
- The Fellow will assist with developing interagency partnerships designed to expand national service.
- The Fellow will participate in a CNCS Disaster Deployment (should it be necessary), providing organizational support for national service participation on the ground during disaster response and recovery.
- The Fellow will assist with AmeriCorps 20th Anniversary Celebration.
- The Fellow will assist with the AmeriCorps VISTA 50th Anniversary Celebration.
- The Fellowship is open to AmeriCorps alumni who have successfully completed a full-time term of service in AmeriCorps State/National, AmeriCorps NCCC (1,700 hours) or AmeriCorps VISTA (one year).
- The Fellowship will begin within three years of the end of the applicant’s AmeriCorps term of service. Exceptions may be made for full-time education or military or other service activities.
- Be currently serving a full-time term of service in AmeriCorps State and National, AmeriCorps NCCC or AmeriCorps VISTA that will end within 30 days of the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
We are looking for one AmeriCorps alum who demonstrates exceptional:
- Dedication to national service and its ideals
- Leadership abilities
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Communication and analytical skills
Interested Applicant information call:
Date: Thursday, April 17, 2014
Time: 10:00 am (Mountain)/12:00 pm (Eastern)
Toll-Free Number: 1-888-997-8503
Participant Passcode: 7816747
Replays are generally available one hour after a call ends.
How to Apply
The application deadline is now closed. Please check back next year.
If you have additional questions, please email email@example.com.