Each year during AmeriCorps Week, we recognize the commitment of AmeriCorps members and alums by highlighting the extraordinary impact AmeriCorps makes across our nation every day. This year, AmeriCorps Week will be celebrated across the country on March 5-12.
To catch the latest on AmeriCorps Week check out our new splash page below.
AmeriCorps Week is a time to salute AmeriCorps members and alums for their service, thank AmeriCorps community partners, and communicate AmeriCorps impact on communities and on the lives of those who serve.
To replay the AmeriCorps Week call held February 18, 2016, please call 800-945-8224.
The theme for 2016 is #AmeriCorpsWorks. Check out our videos that tell stories about the impact of national service in helping communities hit by disaster, in the classroom, and in support of veterans and military families.
We will also connect #AmeriCorpsWorks to Employers of National Service, showing the value of service in gaining skills for the 21st-century workplace.
To tell the AmeriCorps story at the national level, CNCS will:
- Post blog articles by Wendy Spencer, Bill Basl, and others
- Continue the #IamAmeriCorps campaign through National Service’s Instagram account #IamAmeriCorps
- Post “Day of the A” photos on the National Service blog
In addition to sharing the content listed above, we encourage you to take other actions to promote AmeriCorps:
- Invite partners or those you’d like to be your partners to serve with you for a day
- Amplify your accomplishments and promote your blog posts on social media using the #AmeriCorpsWorks and #IamAmeriCorps as your hashtags. Please use photos when sharing these sample tweets:
- AmeriCorps members are #GettingThingsDone! #AmeriCorpsWorks
- How has @AmeriCorps changed your life? Share your story! #IamAmeriCorps
- I serve in AmeriCorps because __________________Share your story! #IamAmeriCorps #AmeriCorpsWorks
- What are you accomplishing through your @AmeriCorps service? Share your story! #AmeriCorpsWorks
- I serve in AmeriCorps with [PROGRAM NAME] and I am helping children fight obesity by developing healthier eating habits. #AmeriCorpsWorks
- Thank the partners and funders that make your service possible.
- Thank you [Funder/Partner] for supporting [Program name] #AmeriCorpsWorks
Please share your stories, pictures, blog posts, proclamations, and ask us questions by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AmeriCorps Fast Facts (As of February 2016)
- 983,000: Number of individuals who have served as AmeriCorps members since 1994.
- 1.38 billion: Total number of hours served by AmeriCorps members.
- $3.1 billion: Total amount of Segal AmeriCorps Education Awards earned by AmeriCorps members.
- $1 billion: Amount of resources from private, philanthropic, and other sources leveraged by AmeriCorps programs in 2015.
- 2.3 million: Number of community volunteers managed or mobilized by AmeriCorps members in 2014.
- 21,600: Number of unique sites that AmeriCorps members served at last year.
Learn how you can continue to highlight your work by using the AmeriCorps Week Impact Guide. And you can also use social media to share the positive impact that AmeriCorps has on our communities by joining the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Please wait for the new 2016 CNCS Public Engagement and Outreach Plan to be released for additional opportunities throughout the year.