Each year during AmeriCorps Week, we recognize the commitment of AmeriCorps members and alums by highlighting the extraordinary impact AmeriCorps makes across our nation every day. This year, AmeriCorps Week was celebrated across the country.
AmeriCorps Week is a time to salute AmeriCorps members and alums for their service, thank AmeriCorps community partners, and communicate AmeriCorps impact on communities and on the lives of those who serve.
The theme for 2015 is #AmeriCorpsWorks. Check out our videos that tell stories about the impact of national service in helping communities hit by disaster, in the classroom, and in support of veterans and military families.
- Post blog articles by Wendy Spencer, Bill Basl, and others
- Launch the #IamAmeriCorps campaign through National Service’s Instagram account #IamAmeriCorps
- Release an AmeriCorps infographic showing our investment
- Launch a Facebook contest encouraging the field to help us design new AmeriGear!
- Launch an Instagram contest to design an AmeriCorps VISTA 50th Anniversary poster. #VISTA50
- Post “Day of the A” photos on the National Service blog
AmeriCorps Week Design Contests
We’re looking for some ace designers to make their mark and help us promote AmeriCorps by submitting their artwork to our design contests.
Have you ever yearned for a really cool AmeriCorps T-shirt or baseball cap that turns heads? We want you to design the next piece of AmeriCorps gear. We will submit the winning design to our AmeriCorps gear vendor for possible production and the winning design will be broadcast on our social media channels. The winning design will be announced in May 2015. Just think, your winning design may adorn AmeriCorps members and supporters for years to come.
Rules: The rules are simple, design an image that includes a visible AmeriCorps logo that can be placed on a piece of gear and take a picture of it. You will need to submit your photo here by April 30 and accept our submission terms. We've placed a few examples of AmeriCorps gear at right to get you started.
This year, AmeriCorps VISTA celebrates its 50th anniversary. This program has a 50-year legacy of fighting poverty and some great recruitment posters have been used over the years to bring in new AmeriCorps VISTA members. We want you to design the next classic AmeriCorps VISTA poster.
Rules: Design an AmeriCorps VISTA 50th anniversary poster that includes a visible AmeriCorps VISTA logo. Take a picture of your design and submit your photo here by April 30 and accept our submission terms. The winning design will be broadcast over our social media channels and announced in May 2015. We've placed a few vintage posters at right to help you get inspired.
- Invite partners or those you’d like to be your partners to serve with you for a day
- Amplify your accomplishments and promote your blog posts on social media using the #AmeriCorpsWorks and #IamAmeriCorps as your hashtags. Please use photos when sharing these sample tweets:
- AmeriCorps members are #GettingThingsDone! #AmeriCorpsWorks
- How has @AmeriCorps changed your life? Share your story! #IamAmeriCorps
- I serve in AmeriCorps because __________________Share your story! #IamAmeriCorps #AmeriCorpsWorks
- What are you accomplishing through your @AmeriCorps service? Share your story! #AmeriCorpsWorks
- I serve in AmeriCorps with [PROGRAM NAME] and I am helping children fight obesity by developing healthier eating habits. #AmeriCorpsWorks
- Thank the partners and funders that make your service possible.
- Thank you [Funder/Partner] for supporting [Program name] #AmeriCorpsWorks
Please share your stories, pictures, blog posts, proclamations, and ask us questions by sending an email to email@example.com.
AmeriCorps Fast Facts
- 900,000: Number of individuals who have served as AmeriCorps members since 1994.
- 1.2 Billion: Total number of hours served by AmeriCorps members.
- $2.8 Billion: Total amount of Segal AmeriCorps Education Awards earned by AmeriCorps members.
- 4 Million: Number of community volunteers managed or mobilized by AmeriCorps members in 2014.
- $625 million: Amount of resources from private, philanthropic, and other sources leveraged by AmeriCorps programs each year.
- 25,000: Number of sites that AmeriCorps members serve at each year.
Learn how you can continue to highlight your work by using the AmeriCorps Week Impact Guide. And you can also use social media to share the positive impact that AmeriCorps has on our communities by joining the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Please see our 2015 CNCS Public Engagement and Outreach Plan for additional opportunities throughout the year.