Each year during AmeriCorps Week, we recognize the commitment of AmeriCorps members and alums by highlighting the extraordinary impact AmeriCorps makes across our nation every day. This year, AmeriCorps Week will take place March 9-13, 2015.
AmeriCorps Week is a time to salute AmeriCorps members and alums for their service, thank AmeriCorps community partners, and communicate AmeriCorps impact on communities and on the lives of those who serve.
The theme for 2015 has not been finalized yet. The theme of our most recent AmeriCorps Week was AmeriCorps Works. Check out our videos that tell stories about the impact of national service in helping communities hit by disaster, in the classroom, and in support of veterans and military families.
AmeriCorps Fast Facts
- 900,000: Number of individuals who have served as AmeriCorps members since 1994.
- 1.2 Billion: Total number of hours served by AmeriCorps members.
- $2.8 Billion: Total amount of Segal AmeriCorps Education Awards earned by AmeriCorps members.
- 4 Million: Number of community volunteers managed or mobilized by AmeriCorps members in 2014.
- $625 million: Amount of resources from private, philanthropic, and other sources leveraged by AmeriCorps programs each year.
- 25,000: Number of sites that AmeriCorps members serve at each year.
Learn how you can continue to highlight your work by using the AmeriCorps Week Impact Guide. And you can also use social media to share the positive impact that AmeriCorps has on our communities by joining the conversation on Facebook and Twitter.
Please see our 2015 CNCS Public Engagement and Outreach Plan for additional opportunities throughout the year.