Potential Ways to Match the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award
Many higher education institutions recognize the advantages of recruiting AmeriCorps alumni to become students. AmeriCorps alumni have the traits and skills that colleges and universities value, such as a commitment to community, problem-solving experience, and training as leaders. Consequently, a growing number of colleges and universities are creating incentives, including matching the education award, to attract AmeriCorps alumni to their campuses.
Ways to match the Segal AmeriCorps Education Award include:
- Providing a 1-to-1 or 2-to-1 cash match from institutional funds
- Matching with scholarship funding
- Waiving admission and other fees
- Offering tuition discounts
- Offering housing scholarships or discounts
- Granting academic credit for service experience
- Reaching out to individual, institutional, and foundation sources
For more information, please contact EdAwardMatch@cns.gov.