What are some examples of reasons that would not meet the criteria and conditions?
- The person was incarcerated as a result of a conviction of a criminal offense.
- The individual was employed, even if the position was with a non-profit community service organization.
- The individual had a busy 7-year period with many activities, didn’t get around to using the award and is now ready to use it.
- The individual forgot to use the award or lost it.
- The individual claims that s/he did not receive the award expiration notice from the Corporation
- The individual served another term or was seriously ill during a time that did not fall within the use period of the education award.
- The application for an extension was not received by the National Service Trust or postmarked until after the award’s expiration date.