May an individual transfer an education award by creating a payment request through the My AmeriCorps portal and submitting the request to the recipient’s institution for certification?

No. A transfer cannot be made using the payment request process.

The transfer offer is made by creating a Request for Transfer to an eligible recipient. The recipient must accept the transfer offer for the transfer to be completed. Once the transfer is successfully completed, the recipient is able to use the transferred award balance to make a payment to a qualified institution.

Back to Top