WASHINGTON, D.C. – In honor of AmeriCorps Week, Wendy Spencer, the chief executive officer of the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS), will join Governor Jack Markell, Senator Chris Coons, Senator Tom Carper, and Mayor Dennis Williams to announce two new AmeriCorps projects to support veterans and military families across Delaware.
The program will also feature representatives from the National Guard Bureau and the Boys & Girls Club of Delaware. The speakers will be joined by more than 90 AmeriCorps members currently serving across the state.
The event takes place during AmeriCorps Week, an annual event designed to salute AmeriCorps members and alums for their service, thank AmeriCorps’ community partners, and recognize the impact of AmeriCorps on communities and on the lives of those who serve.
Friday, March 15, 2013
· Wendy Spencer, CEO of the Corporation for National and Community Service
· U.S. Senator Chris Coons
· U.S. Senator Tom Carper
· Governor Jack Markell & First Lady Carla Markell
· Mayor Dennis P. Williams, Wilmington
· John Wellons, Board Member, Boys & Girls Clubs of Delaware
· Brigadier General Marianne E. Watson, National Guard
WHEN: Friday, March 15 at 9:30 a.m.
WHERE: Boys & Girls Club, 669 South Union Street, Wilmington, DE