I. Application Deadline
II. Funding Opportunity and Application Instructions
III. Required Documents
IV. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
V. Resources for Applicants
VI. Training and Technical Assistance Calls and Resources
Established in 1974, Senior Companion Program (SCP) engages adults age 55 and over to provide companionship and support to other adults in need of extra assistance to remain at home or in the community for as long as possible. Senior Companions serve between 15 and 40 hours per week, with the majority of the volunteer service taking place in the homes of their clients. Among other activities, they provide companionship to ease loneliness and social isolation, assist with transportation and light chores, help to serve as eyes and ears to professionals who can intervene in the case of medical or other deterioration on the part of the clients, and give support to informal caregivers.
Through this competition, the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) seeks to increase the impact of national service in Indian County by offering funding opportunities for new grants to Indian Tribes in geographic areas not currently served by SCP grantees. CNCS intends to fund SCP Tribal grants that support volunteers age 55 years and older in activities that serve community needs and respond to the SCP National Performance Measures and Elder Justice interventions to mitigate the potential that clients and caregivers served by Senior Companion volunteers will be victims of financial fraud, abuse, and/or neglect.
Notice of Intent to Apply Deadline: Applicants are strongly encouraged to send a Notice of Intent to Apply by Friday, April 17, 2015. The Notice of Intent to Apply should be sent to FGPSCP@cns.gov and should include:
- Name of the applicant organization
- Contact person
- Email address
- Phone number
- How the organization heard about the SCP Indian Tribes Competition
Application Submission Deadline: Applications are due no later than Thursday, May 14, 2015 by 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Successful applicants will be notified in August 2015.
Applicants must review both the Notice of Funding Availability including the Appendices and the Grant Application Instructions in order to fully understand the application requirements. Applicants must apply using eGrants, our web-based application system. Below are the materials:
- 2015 SCP Indian Tribes Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
- Grant Application Instructions
- eGrants Visual Instructions (for Screen Readers PDF)
- Appendix A: List of Geographic Service Areas Currently Served by SCP
- Appendix B. National Performance Measures Instructions
Please refer to the Grant Application Instructions for a list of required documents. All required documents should be emailed to FGPSCP@cns.gov by the application due date. Emailed attachments must include the application ID number in the subject line. Below is the list of possible forms you may need for submitting your required documents.
- Aggregated Dollar Amount of Funding Form
- Contact Information
- FFR User Form
- Financial Management Survey
- 1199 Direct Deposit Form
- 1199 Instructions Form
Frequently Asked Questions will be compiled and regularly updated. You will find the link to the questions here when they are posted.
- Frequently Asked Questions - updated April 20, 2015
- SCP Work Plan Development Worksheets (Word)
- SCP Federal Regulations
- SCP Performance Measures Requirements Course
- SCP Performance Measures: Work Plan Alignment and Exercise
- Senior Corps Grant Application Step-by-Step Overview
- Work Plan Entry Course
Senior Corps hosted a Tribal Training Event April 8 - 10, 2015. Below are the resources from the training conference for Senior Companion Program.
- Tribal NOFO Session
- Narrative (Scenarios) (Answer Guide)
- SCP Work Plan (Scenario) (Answer Guide)
- Senior Corps Budget Guidance
- Senior Corps Budget Development
- Example of Senior Corps Budget Line Item
Senior Corps will host technical assistance conference calls for potential applicants. Calls will be conducted in a standard format that includes a brief overview and a questions and answers session. All calls will be recorded. Replay information for each call will be posted following the call.
Please be advised dates and times can be changed.