Funding Announcement and Application Instructions
Applicants must read both the Notice of Funding Availability and the Application Instructions to understand the requirements and how to complete an application.
Resources for Applicants
- Notice of Funding Availability Fact Sheet
- Guide to Completing the Application in eGrants
- Quick Guides
- Scaling What Works Lessons Learned Funder Guide
- Successful Applications from Past Competitions
- Receive updated information about this competition please register your email address with us
Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions will be compiled and regularly updated. You will find the link to the questions here when they are available.
- Frequently Asked Questions | updated 4/2/2014
Webinar/Conference Call Schedule
Date: Monday, March 10
Date: Friday, March 14
Date: Monday, March 24
Date: Tuesday, March 25
We would like to invite you to participate in the Social Innovation Fund's 2014 grant competition review. As someone who is dedicated to supporting nonprofit work in our communities and shares our goal of expanding the knowledge base of what works (plus how and why), your expertise will be appreciated in assessing the quality and merit of the proposals we receive.
For 2014, the Social Innovation Fund is focused on selecting both program and evaluation experts to review applications. To be granted a Social Innovation Fund award, applicants will have to show they have a well-defined plan, the capacity to select and grow outcomes-focused nonprofit programs that have evidence of effectiveness, and will complete rigorous evaluations of their work.
If this opportunity interests you, please click here.
SIF NOFA Toolkit
Below you will find a link to the SIF NOFA Outreach Toolkit to help spread the word. The toolkit includes SIF fact sheets, sample newsletter text, sample tweets, links to useful websites, webinar schedules, reviewer outreach information and images. Using the kit, please:
- Promote the SIF competition to your affiliates via your organization’s newsletter or eblast
- Encourage qualified members of your network to apply
- Tweet (or other social media verb) about the competition
- Consider writing a blog post on your organization’s website or an industry community like Huffington Post, explaining why you think this is an important funding opportunity for the field
- Consider posting the funding opportunity on your organization’s website during the duration of the competition.
- Encourage your network to participate in the SIF NOFA Webinars
- Promote the SIF NOFA External Reviewer opportunity to members of your network that you think would be ideal grant reviewers
You have everything you need in the attached document. We hope we can count on you!