Please Note Application Deadline Change!
Table of Contents
In the FY 2014 AmeriCorps competition, CNCS seeks to prioritize the investment of national service resources in economic opportunity, education, veterans and military families, disaster services, and the Governor and Mayor Initiative. CNCS will continue to focus on national service programs that improve academic outcomes for children, youth, and young adults. This focus reflects the extensive experience and past success of national service programs in education, and aligns with the efforts of the Department of Education. In addition, CNCS seeks to increase its investment in programs that serve veterans and military families or engage veterans and military families in service. CNCS will also focus investment in programs that increase community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation. CNCS will focus investment in programs that increase economic opportunities for communities and AmeriCorps members.
Frequently Asked Questions will be compiled and regularly updated.
Frequently Asked Questions as of 11/18/13
Technical Assistance Documents
- Intro to AmeriCorps Members
- Intro to AmeriCorps State and National
- AmeriCorps Key Terms
- Categories of AmeriCorps Grants
- AmeriCorps Program Management and Design
Technical Assistance Call Schedule and Registration
All calls will be recorded and the replay will be available one hour after the call has ended. The replay will be available for all calls until January 8, 2014. Use links below to learn how to register or get the replay number. Note: each call has some required pre-call reading materials.
Calls will be limited to 150 people. The replay number will be posted to the website after the call. If applicants are interested in just listening to the call, please use the replay number. If multiple staff members from the same organization with to participate, please register only once and use the same call-in line.
- AmeriCorps Basics: Join this call if you have questions about the basic concepts and components of AmeriCorps State and National grants, the application review timeline or other general questions about AmeriCorps.
- Thursday, October 31 at 1 pm EDT - Replay call available at 1-800-839-2311
- AmeriCorps Program Management and Design: If you have questions ranging from appropriate AmeriCorps member service activities, staffing for the program, grantee responsibilities, or any other question related to program design or program management, please join one of these calls.
- Tuesday, November 12 at 1 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-888-566-0432
- Thursday, November 21 at 1 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-800-945-7576
- For Indian Tribes - Thursday, November 21 at 2 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-866-466-0582
- AmeriCorps Grant NOFO Selection Criteria: If you have questions about the AmeriCorps grant application selection criteria, grant review process or any other questions that need addressed in order to complete your application, please join one of these calls.
- AmeriCorps NOFO – Veterans and Military Families Focus Area: Join this call if you have questions about the Veterans and Military Families focus area, performance measures for this focus area or would like an introduction to the VetSuccess AmeriCorps initiative.
- Tuesday, November 26 at 1pm EST - Replay call available at 1-800-231-7741
- NEW CALL ADDED: AmeriCorps NOFO – US Territories: Join this call if you have questions on developing an AmeriCorps application that includes offering programs within one or more US territories.