Please Note Application Deadline Change!
Table of Contents
In the FY 2014 AmeriCorps competition, CNCS seeks to prioritize the investment of national service resources in economic opportunity, education, veterans and military families, disaster services, and the Governor and Mayor Initiative. CNCS will continue to focus on national service programs that improve academic outcomes for children, youth, and young adults. This focus reflects the extensive experience and past success of national service programs in education, and aligns with the efforts of the Department of Education. In addition, CNCS seeks to increase its investment in programs that serve veterans and military families or engage veterans and military families in service. CNCS will also focus investment in programs that increase community resiliency through disaster preparation, response, recovery, and mitigation. CNCS will focus investment in programs that increase economic opportunities for communities and AmeriCorps members.
Frequently Asked Questions will be compiled and regularly updated.
Frequently Asked Questions as of 1/14/2014
Technical Assistance Documents
- Intro to AmeriCorps Members
- Intro to AmeriCorps State and National
- AmeriCorps Key Terms
- Categories of AmeriCorps Grants
- AmeriCorps Program Management and Design
Technical Assistance Call Schedule and Registration
All calls will be recorded and the replay will be available one hour after the call has ended. The replay will be available for all calls until January 8, 2014. Use links below to learn how to register or get the replay number. Note: each call has some required pre-call reading materials.
Calls will be limited to 150 people. The replay number will be posted to the website after the call. If applicants are interested in just listening to the call, please use the replay number. If multiple staff members from the same organization with to participate, please register only once and use the same call-in line.
- AmeriCorps Basics: Addresses questions about the basic concepts and components of AmeriCorps State and National grants, the application review timeline and other general questions about AmeriCorps.
Thursday, October 31 at 1 pm EDT - Replay call available at 1-800-839-2311
- AmeriCorps Program Management and Design: If you have questions ranging from appropriate AmeriCorps member service activities, staffing for the program, grantee responsibilities and other questions related to program design or program management.
- Tuesday, November 12 at 1 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-888-566-0432
- Thursday, November 21 at 1 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-800-945-7576
- For Indian Tribes - Thursday, November 21 at 2 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-866-466-0582
- AmeriCorps Grant NOFO Selection Criteria: Addresses questions about the AmeriCorps grant application selection criteria, grant review process and other questions that need addressed in order to complete your application.
- Thursday, November 7 at 1 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-866-421-6875; Passcode: 3795
- Wednesday, December 4 at 1 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-800-813-5525
- Monday, December 9 at 1 pm EST - Replay call available at 1-800-873-9204.
- AmeriCorps NOFO – Veterans and Military Families Focus Area: Addresses questions about the Veterans and Military Families focus area, performance measures for this focus area and an introduction to the VetSuccess AmeriCorps initiative.
Tuesday, November 26 at 1pm EST - Replay call available at 1-800-231-7741; passcode 1013.
- NEW CALL - VetSuccess AmeriCorps: This call will focus on the VetSuccess AmeriCorps partnership with the Department of Veterans Affails. Please join this call if you are interested in applying to place AmeriCorps members on college campuses to support student veterans in collaboration with VSOC counselors.
Wednesday, December 18 at 1pm EST (Click here for details.)
- NEW CALL - AmeriCorps NOFO – Veterans and Military Families Focus Area: This call is directed at the broader audience of grant applicants for Veterans and Military Families-focused AmeriCorps programs. Please join this call if you are interested in learning about ways to support veterans and military families and involve them in AmeriCorps programs, or you want further guidance on performance measures associated with this grant.
Friday, December 20 at 1pm EST (Click here for details.)
- AmeriCorps NOFO – US Territories: Addresses questions on developing an AmeriCorps application that includes offering programs within one or more US territories.
Thursday, December 5 at 5:30 pm EST- Replay call available at 1-866-501-5090; passcode 5404.