School Turnaround AmeriCorps FY13

NOFA/NOFO End Date: 
Tue, 04/23/2013
CFDA number: 
Contact Information
(202) 606-7508

The School Turnaround AmeriCorps initiative is a collaborative effort by the Corporation for National and Community Service (CNCS) and the U.S. Department of Education (ED). This partnership will support the placement of AmeriCorps members in persistently underachieving schools across the country. Grants will be awarded to organizations that implement programs that utilize AmeriCorps members to engage in evidence-based interventions to increase educational achievement, high school graduation rates, and college readiness for students in our nation’s lowest-performing elementary, middle, and high schools. Grants will fund projects that address multiple student needs and are aligned with comprehensive school turnaround plans.

An AmeriCorps member is an individual (recruited by an AmeriCorps grant program) who is enrolled in an approved national service position and engages in community service. Members may receive a living allowance and other benefits while serving. Upon successful completion of their service members receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award from the National Service Trust.

Publication of this Notice does not Obligate CNCS or ED to award any specific number of grants or to obligate the entire amount of funding available.

Intent to Apply Required
Notice of Intent to Apply is due Tuesday, April 2, 2013 at 5:00p.m. Eastern Time. Failure to submit a Notice of Intent to Apply will render an applicant ineligible to apply.

Applications are due Tuesday, April 23, 2013 at 5:00p.m. Eastern Time. Successful applicants will be notified no later than mid-July.

To Apply
Applicants must review the Notice of Federal Funding Opportunity (Notice), the Application Instructions, and the National Performance Measures Instructions in order to fully understand the application requirements.

Applicants must apply using eGrants, our web-based application system. Click here to access eGrants

Important Note
If your proposed grant will be used to develop a program that will operate solely within one state or territory, and you are not an Indian Tribe, you must apply through your State Service Commission (Commission) for funding unless otherwise instructed by the Commission. The Commission will provide you with the appropriate application materials and inform you of its application deadline.

A list of all State Service Commissions can be found here:

Available Documents
Back to Top