Established in 1971 and now one of the largest senior volunteer programs in the nation, RSVP offers a diverse range of volunteer activities that serve communities to create measurable impact, benefit volunteers through the service experience, and create community capacity. RSVP volunteers serve with commitments ranging from a few hours to 40 hours per week. Click here for RSVP Program Regulations.
Through this competition, the Corporation for National and Community Service seeks to increase the impact of national service in 270 specific communities across the country. CNCS intends to fund RSVP grants that support volunteers 55 years and older serving in a diverse range of activities that meet specific community needs and respond to National Performance Measures.
Applications are due September 10, 2013 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Successful applicants will be notified in February 2014.
Intent to Apply:
The Notice of Intent to Apply is not required but highly encouraged. To submit a Notice of Intent to Apply, please state your intent to apply via e-mail to: 2014RSVPIntent@cns.gov by August 9, 2013. Please include the opportunity number, how you heard about the RSVP Competition, the name of the applicant organization, address, contact person, and phone number in your Notice of Intent to Apply.
Applicants must review the Notice of Federal Funding Opportunity (Notice) in order to fully understand the application requirements. Applicants must apply using eGrants, our web-based application system.
Please see the Notice of Funding Opportunity below
2014 RSVP NOFO (PDF)
- Grant Application Instructions (PDF)
- eGrants Visual Instructions (PDF) (for Screen Readers PDF)
- Appendix A: List of Available Funding Opportunities (PDF)
- Appendix B: National Performance Measures Instructions (PDF)
- Appendix C: Graduating Stations (PDF)
- Appendix D: Terms and Definitions (PDF)
- Station Roster Template (Excel 97 -03)
- Station Roster Template (Excel 2010)
- RSVP Performance Measures Worksheet (Word)
- (NEW) RSVP Performance Measures and Congregate Nutrition Stations (PDF)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Frequently Asked Questions (PDF updated 9/6//2013)
Financial Management Documents
- 1199A Form (PDF)
- 1199A Instructions (PDF)
- Aggregated Dollar Amount of Funding Form (Excel)
- Contact Information with DUNS (PDF)
- FFR User Form (PDF)
- Financial Management Survey (Word) (PDF)
Senior Corps Virtual Conference
CNCS held the second annual National Senior Corps Virtual Conference August 6 - 7, 2013. All sessions from the Senior Corps Virtual Conference are available on demand until September 7th 2013. Click here to login and view on demand content.
Training and Technical Assistance
Senior Corps is hosting six technical assistance conference calls for potential grant applicants. Calls will be conducted in a standard format that includes a brief overview and a question and answer session. All calls will be recorded. Replay information for each call will be posted following the call.
TTA Call 4: Performance Measure Module
Webinar Replay (Video)
TTA Call 5: eGrants
Webinar Replay (Video)
TTA Call 6: eGrants
Replay Number: 866-435-5406
Replay Passcode: 1164