AmeriCorps Indian Tribes Planning Grants FY2012

NOFA/NOFO End Date: 
Wed, 01/18/2012
CFDA number: 
Contact Information
(202) 606-7508

The purpose of planning grants is to support the development of AmeriCorps programs that will engage AmeriCorps members in evidence-based interventions to solve community problems. Planning grant recipients are expected to be better prepared to compete for an AmeriCorps program grant in the following grant cycle. Planning grants may not be used to support AmeriCorps members.

CNCS seeks to target its AmeriCorps grantmaking in the Education, Disaster Services and Veterans and Military Families Focus Areas.

An AmeriCorps member is an individual (recruited by an AmeriCorps grant program) who is enrolled in an approved national service position and engages in community service. Members may receive a living allowance and other benefits while serving. Upon successful completion of their service members receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award from the National Service Trust.


Applications are due January 18, 2012 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time. Successful applicants will be notified by mid-April, 2012.

Intent to Apply

Applicants are encouraged to send an e-mail by December 15, 2011 to, stating intent to apply, including the name of the Notice of Federal Funding Opportunity. Commission sub-applicants should not provide this information.

Although submission of the Notice of Intent is not mandatory, submitting it will help CNCS plan more efficiently for external and internal review. Include the name of the applicant organization, address, contact person, and phone number in the Notice of Intent. Applicants should state category of funding. Providing an e-mail address will also allow CNCS to contact applicants directly if application materials are updated.

To Apply

Applicants must review the Notice of Federal Funding Opportunity (Notice) and the Application Instructions in order to fully understand the application requirements.

Applicants must apply using eGrants, our web-based application system.

Important Note

Indian Tribes may apply through State Commissions, or directly to CNCS.

A list of all State Commissions can be found here:

Available Documents
Back to Top