You are here
Explore Dr. King's Legacy of Service
Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. changed the course of history and inspired us to build what he called "the beloved community." The King Legacy of Service video tells the story of how Dr. King's birthday evolved into a national day of service.
Featuring civil rights luminaries such as Congressman John Lewis, the Rev. Dr. Joseph Lowery, and Ruby Bridges, this seven-minute video reminds us of the importance of keeping Dr. King's legacy of service alive and challenges us to make service a part of our lives -- every day of the year.
To learn more about the MLK Day of service and how you can participate, visit the MLK Day website.
- United We Serve (296)
- National Service (108)
- Education (92)
- Disaster Response and Recovery (90)
- Veterans and Military Families (89)
- Health (68)
- Community Renewal (67)
- Energy and the Environment (65)
- Safety and Security (54)
- MLK Day (35)
- Healthy Foods (26)
- Social Innovation Fund (25)
- Ending Hunger (18)
- Exercise (16)
- Strong Minds (16)
- White House Council For Community Solutions (11)
- Economic Opportunity (10)
- AmeriCorps (6)
- State Service Commissions (1)
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Help improve your community, find your next volunteer opportunity.
- RT @WendyCNCS: Consider helping your neighbor or those in need across your community. If we serve others, lives will be impacted. https://t.co/PYhJZ4ojDl — 5 days 7 hours ago
- RT @ArizonaCNCS: Tucson Village Farm @AmeriCorps members educating & feeding @cityoftucson through organic farming! @NationalService https://t.co/qA6Os65pex — 5 days 8 hours ago
- RT @AmeriCorps: Thanks Gov @TerryBranstad for inspiring governors to fight hunger at #NGA2016! @NationalService was proud to help! https://t.co/tUEfa6n2Nf — 5 days 8 hours ago