AmeriCorps Alums at the White House!
Hosted in collaboration with the White House Office of Public Engagement and AmeriCorps Alums, the Corporation for National and Community Service is pleased to announce a convening of AmeriCorps alumni at the White House this Friday, August 17th, 2012.
AmeriCorps Alums Day at the White House is a full-day summit designed to highlight how AmeriCorps alumni have leveraged their national service experience to become influential leaders in fields such as education, science, social innovation, the private sector, and community development.
Senior White House officials and agency representatives will engage with nearly 150 AmeriCorps alumni, including a select group of individuals who will be honored as White House Champions for Change.
- Wendy Spencer, CEO, Corporation for National and Community Service
- Jon Carson, Director, White House Office of Public Engagement
- Jonathan Greenblatt, Director, White House Office of Social Innovation & Civic Participation
- Mayor John Fetterman, Braddock, PA, and AmeriCorps alum
- Tim Morehouse, US Olympic Fencing Medalist, and AmeriCorps alum
- Ben Duda, Executive Director, AmeriCorps Alums
Please join us! You can:
- Watch the live stream at: WhiteHouse.gov/live
(9:30am: Community briefing; 1:00pm: Champions of Change panel)
- Participate in the conversation on Twitter by using the hashtag #WHAmeriCorps.
- Join Wendy Spencer, CNCS CEO, and Macon Phillips, White House Director of Digital Strategy, for a Google+ Hangout at 12:00 pm ET. Submit questions here!
- Share AmeriCorps alumni stories on Facebook with AmeriCorps and AmeriCorps Alums.
- Connect with AmeriCorps Alums, the nonprofit national network for alumni of AmeriCorps.
We look forward to your participation in this event.
P.S. Don't forget to vote in the AmeriCorps photo and video contest! The results have been terrific -- members and alumni have submitted more than 250 photographs and 65 videos. Cast your vote for the ones that best tell the AmeriCorps story!