You are here
National Service: Count On Us
Disaster Response and Recovery
No matter where disaster strikes, National Service is there. Our AmeriCorps members have been on the ground in Joplin since the F5 tornado touched down on May 22nd.
More than 200 national service members have been engaged in the response and recovery activities including setting up and managing a Volunteer Reception Center, receiving and distributing donations, directing volunteers, and coordinating with FEMA and state agencies.
It's a compelling story -- one of Americans coming together to help others in need -- which is why we've put together this video abotu our work in Joplin.
- United We Serve (312)
- National Service (113)
- Disaster Response and Recovery (98)
- Education (97)
- Veterans and Military Families (92)
- Health (68)
- Community Renewal (67)
- Energy and the Environment (65)
- Safety and Security (54)
- MLK Day (35)
- Healthy Foods (26)
- Social Innovation Fund (25)
- Ending Hunger (18)
- Exercise (16)
- Strong Minds (16)
- White House Council For Community Solutions (11)
- Economic Opportunity (10)
- AmeriCorps (6)
- State Service Commissions (1)
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Help improve your community, find your next volunteer opportunity.
- BREAKING from @WendyCNCS at #FriendsofService: Last year @nationalservice programs leveraged $1.26 BILLION in outside resources! — 1 hour 53 min ago
- A true champion, @SenJohnMcCain at #FriendsOfService: “I’m humbled, I’m proud. What these programs do, I can’t think of anything of finer.” — 2 hours 30 min ago
- 13 years of #FriendsOfService. We are lucky to have so many strong champions for @AmericCorps & @SeniorCorps programs! — 2 hours 49 min ago