You are here
National Service: Count On Us
Disaster Response and Recovery
No matter where disaster strikes, National Service is there. Our AmeriCorps members have been on the ground in Joplin since the F5 tornado touched down on May 22nd.
More than 200 national service members have been engaged in the response and recovery activities including setting up and managing a Volunteer Reception Center, receiving and distributing donations, directing volunteers, and coordinating with FEMA and state agencies.
It's a compelling story -- one of Americans coming together to help others in need -- which is why we've put together this video abotu our work in Joplin.
- United We Serve (296)
- National Service (108)
- Education (91)
- Veterans and Military Families (89)
- Disaster Response and Recovery (88)
- Health (68)
- Community Renewal (67)
- Energy and the Environment (65)
- Safety and Security (54)
- MLK Day (34)
- Healthy Foods (26)
- Social Innovation Fund (25)
- Ending Hunger (18)
- Strong Minds (16)
- Exercise (16)
- White House Council For Community Solutions (11)
- Economic Opportunity (10)
- AmeriCorps (6)
- State Service Commissions (1)
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Help improve your community, find your next volunteer opportunity.
- Thanks Sister Sissy Corr of @NDMVA for 20 years of leading 4,000+ @AmeriCorps members in #GettingThingsDone. https://t.co/pf2rWgqrrX — 3 hours 53 min ago
- RT @AmeriCorps: Happy 100th BDay @NatlParkService from our amazing @AmeriCorps mbrs serving w/@AZCC101 in @GrandCanyonNPS! #NPS100 https://t.co/D3yPkh6jOg — 4 hours 7 min ago
- RT @Interior: Happy birthday @NatlParkService! Thanks for all you do to protect America's special places #FindYourPark #NPS100 https://t.co/BalBIrH9Xo — 4 hours 7 min ago