You are here
A Child's Place
In 2005 I left a successful career in tv advertising to join the staff of A Child's Place of Charlotte, a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping to erase the impact of homelessness on children and their education.
In addition to working there, I am a volunteer for the agency, tutoring homeless school children who lag behind their classmates in math or reading.
A Child's Place helped 1,509 homeless children attending 105 different Charlotte-Mecklenburg public schools during the last school year, only about half of the identified homeless students.
We make sure their educational experience is as normal as possible while their lives outside of school are far from normal.
To learn more, visit: www.achildsplace.org
- United We Serve (312)
- National Service (113)
- Disaster Response and Recovery (98)
- Education (97)
- Veterans and Military Families (92)
- Health (68)
- Community Renewal (67)
- Energy and the Environment (65)
- Safety and Security (54)
- MLK Day (35)
- Healthy Foods (26)
- Social Innovation Fund (25)
- Ending Hunger (18)
- Strong Minds (16)
- Exercise (16)
- White House Council For Community Solutions (11)
- Economic Opportunity (10)
- AmeriCorps (6)
- State Service Commissions (1)
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Help improve your community, find your next volunteer opportunity.
- RT @WendyCNCS: Tasty Bakery is another great business in Tallahassee, FL that I enjoy visiting. Shop today for #SmallBizSat. https://t.co/TUHgxp6Jnt — 13 hours 26 min ago
- RT @WendyCNCS: Today is #SmallBizSat. Proud to be visiting Kelly at Change of Pace in Tallahassee, FL. 💇🏼 https://t.co/lSnRpCF1Cf — 13 hours 26 min ago
- RT @ServeDotGov: What are you doing for #SmallBizSat today? Show your support by shopping & dining small → https://t.co/mTYOoIncR6 https://t.co/fJS0nxzk39 — 18 hours 31 min ago