You are here
A Child's Place
In 2005 I left a successful career in tv advertising to join the staff of A Child's Place of Charlotte, a local 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping to erase the impact of homelessness on children and their education.
In addition to working there, I am a volunteer for the agency, tutoring homeless school children who lag behind their classmates in math or reading.
A Child's Place helped 1,509 homeless children attending 105 different Charlotte-Mecklenburg public schools during the last school year, only about half of the identified homeless students.
We make sure their educational experience is as normal as possible while their lives outside of school are far from normal.
To learn more, visit: www.achildsplace.org
- United We Serve (281)
- National Service (93)
- Education (84)
- Disaster Response and Recovery (76)
- Health (67)
- Community Renewal (64)
- Energy and the Environment (64)
- Veterans and Military Families (62)
- Safety and Security (53)
- MLK Day (34)
- Healthy Foods (26)
- Social Innovation Fund (25)
- Ending Hunger (18)
- Exercise (16)
- Strong Minds (16)
- White House Council For Community Solutions (11)
- Economic Opportunity (9)
- AmeriCorps (6)
- State Service Commissions (1)
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Help improve your community, find your next volunteer opportunity.
- RT @SIFund: @AIDS_United @SIFund spent 5 yrs working w. CBOs to test solutions that provide #accesstocare 4 PLWHA… https://t.co/65U4gq4Hle — 2 days 23 hours ago
- RT @UWay1000Lakes: Meet Kayla: Our @AmeriCorps Promise Fellow for @GreenwayISD316, she's helping kids get back on track to graduation.… https://t.co/ify1appODm — 2 days 23 hours ago
- RT @MENHVT_CNCS: .@AmeriCorps #GettingThingsDone in #Vermont! #conservation #Sustainability #AmeriCorpsWorks https://t.co/PdtwS4pSpI — 2 days 23 hours ago