You are here
Red Cross Blood Saves Child in Need
As a longtime blood donor, Kerri P. knows the importance of giving blood. But she never knew that the need for blood would hit so close to home. Her two-year-old daughter, Mary Clare, was born with a heart defect.
She underwent surgery at five days old, and had another surgery six months later. Multiple units of blood were given to aid in her recovery.
Today, Mary Clare is a happy, healthy little girl who enjoys chasing after her big sister. Mary Clare recently celebrated an important milestone - her second birthday. "Blood doonors saved Mary Clare's life," Kerri said. "Give blood - you never know who will need it."
- United We Serve (312)
- National Service (113)
- Disaster Response and Recovery (98)
- Education (97)
- Veterans and Military Families (92)
- Health (68)
- Community Renewal (67)
- Energy and the Environment (65)
- Safety and Security (54)
- MLK Day (35)
- Healthy Foods (26)
- Social Innovation Fund (25)
- Ending Hunger (18)
- Strong Minds (16)
- Exercise (16)
- White House Council For Community Solutions (11)
- Economic Opportunity (10)
- AmeriCorps (6)
- State Service Commissions (1)
Find a Volunteer Opportunity
Help improve your community, find your next volunteer opportunity.
- Must-read oped: "Tulsa businessman: This is service funding that Oklahoma needs” https://t.co/WwyWFYZ0SW https://t.co/bdVmQsbPpY — 16 hours 2 min ago
- RT @WendyCNCS: I’m thankful this time of year because it’s the season for helping others. #GivingTuesday https://t.co/MjuKomvHnd https://t.co/a9MPNPj4vr — 19 hours 9 min ago
- RT @ServeDotGov: Fact: Small businesses enrich their communities & transform lives! #ShopSmall & #DineSmall on Nov.28 https://t.co/FZg8dJmrft — 20 hours 1 min ago